Make banana bread of course! I do not put nuts in mine, as nobody other than Denny and myself like nuts here, so here is the tasty nut free version I make.
Serves: 1 loaf
- 2-1/2 C. and 2 tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. milk
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 C. white sugar
- 1/2 C. butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed banana (5 bananas)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.