To the funny little too religious girl that did not know a good dude when she had one, he was baptized, by his choosing, for the second time in June on 2017.
I just removed the video as I no longer desire to support any religious organization, but I will say this… if you get your head out of the clouds that most of these types of religious communities have you in, and you instead go inward for your “teachings”, then you would get it.
But you don’t. And I think we are all blessed for that.Read More →
Do you ever wonder what it will take to turn our nation around?
National turnaround doesn’t happen unless you turn around. We can post on our blog, or comment on social media, or share the latest meme, or be angry at the next politician, or march in the next march. None of that’s going to add up to national change unless you’re willing to change . . . and I’m willing to change.
So, what makes a nation great? Is it a strong economy? Is it military might? Innovation? Jobs? Education? What is it? What does the Bible say?
The Bible says (and I honestly believe in my heart) that humility is what makes any nation great. Of course that goes for individuals, too.
Greatness isn’t a function of how much money you can accumulate, or how much power you have, or how much you can influence people, or how famous you become. Greatness is a function of what God thinks of you. When God exalts you, when God lifts you up, that’s when you’re truly great.
Proverbs 29:23 says that pride ends in humiliation, while humility brings honor . . . humiliation vs. humility . . . that’s the choice that every one of us has to make and that every nation has to make.
In Daniel chapter 5, in an empire long ago, pride was a problem. Even though they thought they were standing firm, they fell, and they fell very suddenly.
Pride brought down one of the most powerful empires in world history. You see, every time that we stand up in pride, we set ourselves against God.
God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble
Every nation has a choice, and every one of us has a choice as well. We can either be on that receiving end of God’s grace as we humble ourselves before Him and recognize our need and stand before Him, not demanding our own way, not pushing for our own glory, not trying to accumulate for our own gain; but instead, stand before Him as a humble servant, stand before Him with a broken heart and a willing spirit. As we do that, God will give us grace; He’ll shower His favor upon us. And any nation that chooses to humble itself before God can experience that blessing and favor.
But as soon as our hearts are lifted up in pride, we go down the same road that the Babylonian empire went down so long ago.
* No nation is immune to this.
* No church is immune to this.
* No person is immune to this.
Pride always results in a fall. Humility is what it takes to be exalted in God’s sight and to have honor.
Greatness is a function of humility. If we really want to be great, we have to humble ourselves before God. We have to kneel in His presence and pray and seek His face and turn from our evil and surrender to Him.
Here are a few steps any one of us could take if we want to walk that humble road, rather than go down the path of humiliation in the end.
* we can center our lives on Christ instead of on this world
* we keep our eyes focused on Christ, then in the end we’ll be on the right side
* we have to be willing to love people deeply, even if they hate us viciously
If you’re a voice for humility, if you’re a voice for the gospel, if you’re a voice for light and truth, the people who are standing in pride are going to violently oppose you. They’re going to hate what you’re saying and what you stand for.
We can expect that. But as that happens, we can’t let our hearts get hard. Instead, we have to stand up in love, recognizing that all those people who oppose us—their trouble isn’t really in this world, either—their trouble is with God.
National turnaround doesn’t happen unless you turn around.Read More →
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.
Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company… a church… a home.
The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past… we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude… I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
And so it is with you… we are in charge of our attitudes.Read More →
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants..
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2009.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t over do it. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come..
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.