23 Jan Frugal Recipes: Too Many Zucchini? Make Bread!
Author: Lori Forster
Serves: 2 loaves
- 2 C. grated zucchini
- 3 C. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 C. vegetable oil
- 2¼ cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease and flour two loaf pans.
- Grate zucchini into a bowl and set aside.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a second large bowl.
- Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well.
- Stir in zucchini until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.
Zucchini bread is not only delicious, but very easy to make. Below is the base recipe for two loaves, but I always at least double this and freeze my loaves to eat later or share with friends. I have step by step photos to add to this post… I just have to find them FOUND – LOL!