1 cup shredded apples moisture removed
1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
½ cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 large eggs
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with muffin liners. We suggest spraying your muffin liners with cooking spray just in case.
- Next, use a cheese grater to grate a large apple (skin on or off, your preference!). We prefer to use a medium/large grate, so that we can taste the apple chunks.
- Place grated apple on top of 2 pieces of paper towel and squeeze out as much moisture as you can.
- Measure out 1 cup of shredded apples and place into a medium-size bowl along with the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix.
- In a large bowl crack 2 eggs and whisk. Add maple syrup, applesauce, almond milk, and vanilla and mix again.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and then mix.
- Finally, add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Fill each muffin about 3/4 of the way full (these are going to be big muffins). Then, place in the oven at 350ºF and bake for 18-22 minutes or until the center is fully cooked.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the muffin tin to continue cooling.