Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup Recipe
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]There is nothing quite like cauliflower. It is simple, yet rich, and packs tons of flavor and nutrients. Whenever I get the opportunity to get a great deal on cauliflower, I grab it and this is just one of the meals I consider a go-to, and hey, who ever goes wrong with soup?[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”35px”][vc_column_text]
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbs. garlic powder, unlevel (a little more than TBS is better)
- 1 Tbs. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 C. all-purpose flour, , unlevel (a little more than C is better)
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tbs. red cooking wine
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and put in a large bowl. Add oil and seasonings, and toss to coat.
- Place coated cauliflower on a cookie sheet or roasting pan and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes so as not to burn. Cook until golden and tender.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add onion. Cook until the onion is translucent in color.
- Add flour to onion and stir.
- Add the chicken broth and milk to the pan gradually stirring constantly until it thickens, then reduce heat.
- Add cauliflower and wine.
- Take half the soup, and blend in food processor, then recombine.