What’s on the Menu – Mango Pork Chops
I served this with some leftover angel hair pasta, that I doctored up with some green onion, bacon, and cheeses.
Mango Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops
- 1 large mango, cut into slices
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the mango and slice. Set the slices aside. Chop onion and garlic. Mix diced mango, onion, ginger, cayenne pepper, garlic, salt, pepper and water in a saucepan. Simmer until onions are soft and mixture is thick, but not dry, about 10 minutes. Add a little more water, if necessary. Set aside.
- Coat your pork chops with some salt and pepper, and cook your pork chops as you desire – I used my rotisserie grill – cook to desired doneness.
- Serve chops with sauce spooned over and around them with slices on top.