Skip to content
- ½ cup softened butter 1 stick
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs large
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups green apple diced & peeled
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans chopped
- 5 tbsp cold butter
- ? cup flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a bread pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Chop apples into small square pieces, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add in eggs, milk, and vanilla extract and stir well to incorporate.
- Mix in the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan.
- Start by combining the cold butter, brown and white sugars, flour, and cinnamon. Mix with a fork or pastry blender until crumbly. Then, sprinkle the topping mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in bread comes out clean. (Internal temperature of bread will be 200 degrees F when fully cooked.)
- Let cool before adding the glaze.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
- Mix together the melted butter, powder sugar and milk until smooth.
- Remove the bread from the pan and drizzle the glaze over the top.