11 Jan Frugal Recipes – What to do with Overripe Tomatoes
Don’t despair when your garden starts producing more tomatoes than you can use in a day! Let them sit aside and get nice and ripe, then make soup!
Tomato Cream Soup
Author: Lori Forster
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 overripe tomatoes, diced
- ½ shallot, minced
- ¾ tsp garlic salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ C. whipping cream
- Heat oil, then turn heat to medium.
- Saute shallots, but do not brown.
- Add tomatoes, garlic salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cook 10 minutes or until tomatoes begin to fall apart.
- Put into food processor, and mix on medium for 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture through strainer to remove skins and seeds.
- Reheat if needed.
- Serve with Grilled Cheese or crusty bread. Makes 2 servings