- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 1/2 cups (about 5 ounces) coarsely chopped dried apples
- 18 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon milk
Oven: 375° F.
Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and apple pieces. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Cook 9-11 minutes. Cool.
Microwave caramels and milk in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals; stir until smooth. Place sheets of wax or parchment paper under wire racks. Drizzle melted caramels over cookies. Allow drizzle to set. Store in single layers in tightly covered containers.